On 11/5/1889 Rebecca was granted a pension based on son Van Cleve's Civil War service, being listed as his dependent.
At census time on 6/11/1880 Rebecca was a 62 year old widow, still living at Hopewell, but with Deroy C Dunn, 28, with wife Serilla S, 21. Also living there were her son Silvanius A, 31, with his wife Lizzie C, 25; and her daughter Mary R, 30.
By 6/13/1900 Rebecca was living alone in Tiffin City, Clinton Twp, Seneca Co, OH. She was 69, had birthed 10 children but only 5 still lived.
From the History of Seneca Co, OH, Clinton Twp are several references to Rebecca's family:
Soldiers of the war of the Rebellion interred here...John Staub
The medical circle, in 1847-48, comprised....Jacob Staub
George Park erected a log-house on the south side of East Perry Street for purposes of a hotel or tavern, the first in the city. His next building, which stood on the site of the National Hall Block, was a two-story frame, in which Eli Norris carried on hotel business. John Staub was also interested for a time in this building as lessee.
John Staub kept a tavern at the northwest corner of Market and Monroe Streets for some time. This building is still in existence
The Shawhan House was erected by R. W. Shawhan in 1850, and opened by John Staub in December of that year. In 1854 French & Smith were proprietors.
Pioneer Militia of Seneca County.-On August 7, 1832, Col. Lowell Robinson and Adjt. Calvin Bradley called a meeting of freeholders to meet at John Goodin's house, at Tiffin, August 17, 1832, to elect officers of Company Four. First Regiment, First Brigade, Seventeenth Division Ohio Militia. A military review of officers of First Regiment was held August 31, 1832, at the request of Lieut. Col. William Toll, and repeated annually until 1834. In 1835 the Seneca Blues organized, with Henry Ebert commanding. This organization served five years. This was a uniformed company armed with flint-lock muskets supplied by the State. Gen. George W. Gist of the First Brigade Ohio Militia, appointed Jonathan Parker brigade major, James H. Wilson, aid-decamp, and John Staub, quartermaster, in June, 1836.
In May, 1839, the officers of the First Regiment met at Staub's house, in Tiffin.
In June, 1839, Thomas M. Brashear was appointed brigade major; R. W. Reid, aide-decamp, and John Staub, quartermaster